Create knowledge clips
Within the UU video platform it is possible to record, edit and share knowledge clips. Knowledge clips are short videos of up to 10 minutes in which difficult parts of the subject matter are explained. The videos are therefore focused on one subject or concept. You can easily record a knowledge clip at home in the UU video platform, or in a DIY studio.
- Record knowledge clips independently
- More space for in-depth teaching and learning
- Location and time independent
Videos are only visible if you’re logged in @ video.uu.nl/
Chapters, attachments and statistics
Community and Player settings
You can use a knowledge clip:
- To replace a lecture (you can create several knowledge clips for this purpose).
- To allow deep learning to take place (the student views the knowledge clips at home and makes the associated assignments. During the contact moments you can go deeper into the material).
- For instructions on assignments, practicals or equipment.
- As part of an online module.
- To add a teacher or guest speaker to a course, without the need for this speaker to be present on location at a specific time.
- Make sure you have the recording equipment you need such as a camera and microphone.
- Log in with a Solis ID to the UU video platform via uu.nl. There is no need to install any software. The entire process takes place through the web browser.
- Students must request an account in advance to record their own knowledge clips. Mail the request for an account (with the rights to create videos) on the UU video platform to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information, check out the comprehensive UU Video Platform manuals.
What is the difference between knowledge clips and weblectures?
A knowledge clip is a short video of 5-10 minutes explaining one specific topic. By watching this clip (and possibly making an accompanying assignment) the student is better prepared for the contact education. During contact education the subject can be discussed in more detail. A knowledge clip should encourage students to, for example, study the material, solve problems or prepare a practical.
Web lectures are fully recorded lectures that are then made available to students online. In a number of lecture halls at the UU it is possible to record your lecture independently. More information can be found here.
Where can I find a DIY studio?
There are several DIY studios at Utrecht University where you can record a knowledge clip. These studios are built in such a way that you can easily work independently.
- DIY Kromme Nieuwegracht 80 Studio 1.03
- DIY Universiteitsbibliotheek Uithof Studio 2.48
- DIY Bolognalaan 101 Studio 2.042
You can book these studios yourself via Resourcebooker. In Resourcebooker you will also find information about who to contact if you do need practical support with your recording.
For more information about the recording studios available at UU, see this page.
For more information, check out the comprehensive UU Video Platform manuals.