Designing and providing education is a teachers' primary responsibility. For that reason, teachers play a prominent role in the programme, including providing expertise, presiding over the various project groups, and taking the lead in experiments that are being conducted within each project.
The Executive Board has commissioned the Educate-it programme. Its rights and responsibilities as a client have been delegated to the director of Research & Education. Strong ties have been created with the steering group and programme council of the ITS directorate to facilitate technical realisation and administration, and with ULU to facilitate access to information. The programme is directed by a Programme Board, with day-to-day management delegated to the programme manager.
Programme Board members
- Esther Stiekema, delegated client, president
- Petra de Wit, ITS, senior supplier
- Harold van Rijen, educational technology expert
The programme manager leads the programme. He initiates and coordinates its activities, manages the distribution of resources and is responsible for quality assurance, risk management and communication. The programme manager provides a connection. The programme manager carries out these tasks together with a programme team, which secures expertise in didactics and e-learning, IT and PR. The programme team's work overarches the subprojects. The programme manager creates a method for the programme team, that describes roles, responsibilities and methodology. Members of the programme team may serve as project leaders of the subprojects.
Programme team members
- Jan Haarhuis, programme manager
- Mabelle Hernández, programme management
- Sjors van der Beek, project manager, IT expertise
- Daphne van Roosmalen, communications advisor
- Peggy van Schreven, secretariat
The programme manager and the programme team are assisted by a programme council, which serves as an advisory council that monitors the programme's substantive execution and advises the programme manager and the executive board on what it observes. The programme council represents the wider university community.
Programme council members
- Harold van Rijen, president, professor in innovation in biomedical education
- Johan Jeuring, professor in software technology for teaching and learning
- Jan van Tartwijk, professor in applied educational science
- Joni Remmits, student assessor at the faculty of Medicine
- Anja Smit, ULU director
- Marjon Engelbarts, head of the IT department, faculty of Science
- Carolien Besselink, ITS director
- Chris Marcelis, faculty director Geosciences
- Vincent Crone, faculty director Humanities
The projects within the programme are led by project managers, who are responsible for the execution of the projects. A few projects have project teams lead by an expert who teaches at Utrecht University.